Volunteer with Social Hackers Academy
Social Hackers Academy aims to teach refugees and other vulnerable groups to become web developers. To do this we need the experience and expertise of local web developers to become mentors for our students and to guide them on their journey to become software engineers. What we need from our volunteers:
- Experience in any of the modules that we offer on our course.
- Available to teacher for four hours one evening per week for three weeks at a time.
- Past exerience teaching or mentoring is a plus, but is not required!
What you get from us:
- The ability to teach effectively is a valuable ability
- We can guide you on good teaching methods
- We are in contact with many of the largest technology companies and start-ups in the Athens area, as well as many abroad
- The good feeling of knowing you’re helping change somebody’s life!
If this sounds interesting to you please contact us below. We look forward to hearing from you!